Roasted Healthy Makhana Recipe
Roasted Makhana is a quick snack that you may enjoy at any time. Phool Makhana, also known as Fox Nuts or Lotus Seeds, is a nutrient-dense food that is high in protein, calcium, and iron. This is how you may create them at home.
Jhal Muri, Cornflakes Namkeen, Chivda Namkeen, Cornflakes Chivda, Spicy Kaju Nuts, and Punjabi Namak Pare are some more homemade snack recipes to try in between meals.
About This Recipe's
Most of us become hungry in between meals and eat junk food, which we should avoid if we want to live a healthy lifestyle. However, there are snacks that are both healthful and delicious while also satisfying our appetite. Makhana, also known as Phool Makahan, Fox Nuts, or Lotus Seeds, is one of them.
Makhana, or Lotus Seeds, are a delicious snack to have between meals or with your evening cup of tea. They're not only delicious, but they're also high in protein, calcium, and iron, making them highly healthful.
These are also suitable for fasting, and with Navratri approaching, I thought I'd share this easy yet delicious dish. You may also prepare Makhana Namkeen if you prefer Namkeen-style snacks.
You can also use fox nuts in the following recipes:
- Makhana Kheer is a kind of Kheer that is made chevalier cheval
- Raita Khoya
- Makhana Raita Curry from Makhana
- Lotus Seeds, Fox Nuts, Euryale Ferox, Gorgon Nut, and other names have been given to Makhana.
This seed is used in Asian medicine and cuisine. These are simply shelled, dried, and marketed lotus seeds.
These seeds come in two varieties: brown and white peel. The brown peel lotus seed is harvested when the kernel head is nearly or fully mature, whereas the white peel lotus seed is collected when the kernel head is totally green but has fully grown.
Also, take ideas from our previous blog on: Dry Fruits: 18 Types of Dry Fruits Name to Include In Your Diet regimen
Because fox nuts are low in cholesterol, salt, and fat, you may eat them anytime you want without feeling guilty.
- They have been shown to be beneficial to patients suffering from high blood pressure and heart disease.
- Makhana are high in protein and gluten-free.
- Calcium, carbohydrates, phosphorus, iron, thiamine, and zinc are all abundant in Makhana.
- It is beneficial to diabetics since it keeps blood sugar levels under control.
- Makhana have a low calorie content, making them ideal for weight loss.
- It is also reported to be good to the kidney in Ayurveda.
Also, take ideas from our previous blog on: Mix Chivda : Mumbai Best Mix mixture (Farsan) -2022
- Makhana, also known as Lotus Seeds or Fox Nuts, is a nutritious snack that may be eaten anytime hunger hits. To make them crispy and crunchy, simply roast them.
- Ghee - When roasting the Makhana, always use ghee since it imparts a great flavor and aroma. They can also be roasted in butter.
- Salt and pepper to taste — Season the roasted Makhanas with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- In a pan, melt the ghee.
- In a pan, ghee is heating up.
- Combine makhana, salt, and black pepper powder in a mixing bowl.
- In the pan, add Makhana, salt, and pepper.
- Roast until golden brown.
- Makhana roasted
Questions Frequently Asked
What are the consequences of consuming Makhana?
Although Makhana offers numerous health advantages, it also has certain negative side effects when used in large quantities. Some people are allergic to it, and eating it can cause allergy reactions.
Fox Nuts assist in the reduction of blood sugar levels in the body. As a result, diabetics should seek medical advice before taking it. Excessive consumption might cause constipation, gas, and bloating.
How long can you keep Roasted Makhana in the fridge?
When makhana is roasted to perfection, it tastes the tastiest. Although they may be roasted and stored in an airtight jar for up to 15 days, I find that the crunch diminishes over time. Just before serving, I recommend roasting them fresh.
How can you tell whether Makhana has been properly roasted?
If the Makhana is crisp to the biting and does not stick to your teeth, it has been properly roasted. If it sticks, place it back in the pan and continue to roast it. Always roast the medium on moderate heat, since high heat will cause them to brown quickly without thoroughly roasting.
Variations in Seasoning
Add some Indian spices to make a spicy masala. Red chili powder, turmeric powder, chaat masala powder, and salt are examples of spice powders. To add a tart edge, toss in with lemon juice.
Peri Peri Masala - While roasting, add some peri peri masala and combine thoroughly.
Add the dried mint powder, salt, pepper, and lemon juice to the pudina/mint masala. Make a Pudina Makhana mix for Makhana.
Chocolate - Simply melt the chocolate and combine it with the roasted Makhanas. Make sure the chocolate is evenly distributed throughout the Makhana. Heat a little ghee for the jaggery sesame. Allow the jaggery to dissolve fully. Mix in the toasted white sesame seeds and Makhana until the Makhana is evenly covered.
Also, take ideas from our previous blog on: Tasty, Yummy, Namkeen Products In India - 2022
Suggestions for Serving
It's a delicious snack to consume on its own or with a cup of Masala Chai or Filter Coffee for evening munchies.
You may also take it to the office, picnics, travel, or road trips in your snack box.